Final Blog Post

Throughout the semester, I had a major increase in learning. I had to utilize many skills that I have developed through the four years of being at Concordia College. I had to not rely on a textbook, which was very different for me in this course. Since it was mostly discussion-based, we had to utilize many of the skills that we gained from previous classes such as public speaking.

The skills and knowledge that I have gained from this course will help me with my future goals. I will be better at verbally articulating what it is that I am thinking. I will have an easier time bringing my knowledge to others as we spent the entire semester sharing our ideas and what could possibly be a solution to the different illnesses we reviewed. Blogging was a weekly task for this course, and I believe it helped me and will help me in the future as I will be able to put together short summaries of what was discussed throughout the week. Blogs can help me as a student and in the future as it allows me to generate dialogues. As students, we often have a difficult time sharing our ideas and having to post a blog weekly gave us good practice at a skill that will be useful later.

Learning at a liberal arts institution is very important to me. The liberal arts education allowed me to learn many different ideas and concepts, as well as allowed me to grow as an individual. Liberal arts education allows students to explore many different issues and ideas in so many different fields and become overall more well-rounded individuals. This allowed us to become much more critical readers, thinkers, and writers. Critical thinking skills are a huge part of what most employers are now looking for in future employees.

If I were to highlight my resume with skills that have improved throughout the semester, I would highlight that my communication skills improved. It was a difficult course, and very heavily filled with discussions. The papers we read were quite difficult, but the most important was to bring in the questions we had in class and communicate them with each other (the students) and the professor. The class improved my communication skills as we could openly ask any questions and discuss the material with each other. The course itself helped me become a better reader and a much better communicator.